Friday, May 6, 2011

Remembering Mom

I can't believe how long ago Mom died - Sheala is 17 and she was born the year my Mom died. Even now my Mom is still so present in my life. Just tonight I was riding in the car with Joanna and I told her how her Grandma always said when she got a little extra money that would be when the washer broke or the roof needed to be repaired or some other crisis.

She never was upset that something would need to be repaired - instead she was so thankful that these things only happened when she could afford to fix them. She said that God always made sure there was enough.

On this Mother's Day weekend I just want to remember how wise she was and how thankful I am that I appreciated that wisdom while she was still alive. I miss her friendship as well as her wonderful mothering.

No comments: