Monday, May 16, 2011

Just Get Through This

I'm watching Oprah - only 8 more shows to go. James Frey, author of A Million Little Pieces is the guest. His book was an Oprah Book Club selection when it was found that he lied in his book. Oprah stood behind him and then had him back on the show. It was evident to her during that show that he had lied.

Today's interview when she asked how he felt after that interview five years ago. He said he felt if he could only get through the next few weeks he could make it.

It brought back memories of the several times I ended up in the principal's office in high school. I always got through those times by saying inside my head, "This will all be over in a couple weeks!"

I have to say it always was over after a few weeks and I lived through it. It is amazing how we cope and learn to get through things.

No comments: