Monday, February 7, 2011

Works like a charm

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

We wanted to be able to mount the Galaxy Tab on the dashboard. The cover I purchased has a fuzzy inside cover so I knew velco would work. First we tried velcro with the sticky back. It worked fine in Michigan but once it got over 50 degrees the glue started to melt and the velcro slipped making a big mess on the dashboard.

So we went back to Ace Hardware and bought velcro luggage id straps and Command refills. We put the Command refills on the dash, cut the tags to fit, and the Galaxy stays put. There are a few things that I had to learn, such as, I put my hand under the cover and hold the velcro down when I have to take it off - otherwise the velcro comes off and you have to put it back together. Also I put a rubberband on the side to hold the cover straight.

We had to replace the command refills once but it is well worth it.

Now that we are back in Michigan guess what? The velcro strips don't want to stick onto the Command strips - but if you warm up the car they work again.

No comments: