Friday, January 14, 2011

Today

It was the day of the big flood in Saginaw - 24 years ago - the water came up over my ankles on my way into the City Manager's Office that September morning. We had just moved to Saginaw so the girls could start school, hoping that I would be hired in the new Office Support Center at City Hall. There were three of us that would be interviewed and only two jobs available. I had to have this job.

Well, today I retire from the City of Saginaw - it has been a very good career - I have met so many wonderful people and had the chance to work with many of them. These friends have been through everything with me and my life has been enriched by knowing them and loving them.

Thank you so much for being there for me - you all know who you are - if I started naming names I would miss someone and feel awful. I have told you over and over how much you mean to me.

The majority of my career has been at the Police Department - I know without a doubt these men and women go to work every day knowing the danger they face - it means so much to me and it should mean so much to everyone. They laugh and joke and complain and drive me nuts - but I love them - it has been fun. The civilians that make their jobs easier - well - you run the place - and I always appreciated all you have done over the years - you have all become such good friends.

I so enjoyed the Labor Management Leadership Team - the Payroll Team - setting up HTE - learning COGNOS - mentoring - teaching - slapping up the side of the head!!! You know you loved it!!!

Thanks mostly for your friendship - see you tonight at the Junction!

No comments: