Saturday, May 15, 2010

Random Thoughts

Random because that drives Pat crazy - when we clean the house he likes to clean ONE room at a time - finishing every single thing in the room. I'll explain how I clean by telling you how I got to sign in and blog this morning.

Pat left to work on a job with a friend - before he left I asked him to bring up several of my containers with dishes in them. I thought I would begin getting ready for "Jazz on Jefferson" which will be on June 9th.

I started emptying containers - washing dishes, putting different knives with different dishes. I fill a couple of containers and put a post it note on them to tell what is in the container (my attempt at organizing before I leave for a show) Then I went downstairs to find dishes that have a Martini theme - thinking those Jazz people might like martinis! I found them - but there were no knives already wrapped that had the colors I needed.

So upstairs I go - while looking for beads, I think maybe I should get some spoons too because I have some cute Partridge in a Pear Tree mugs that would be fun to sell. I go to sit down to search in my bead containers and think that while I'm up here I might as well print out some labels for the containers because the post it notes look as if they might fall off.

So I turn the computer on and sit down to search out beads. (It takes awhile for the computer to do it's backup that I always miss because I don't go on the computer enough!) So then I find the beads and go to print out the labels. While I'm here I think - I might as well go online and see if I have any messages. Then I think - mmmmm - maybe I'll blog!!!!!!

Now Patrick would have worked with what was in the containers and finished the whole job already - I on the other hand have enjoyed doing a lot of different chores and got to blog, too!

2 comments:

Mary Andrews said...

You work the "senior" way, Mary Ellen and here I thought you were so young! I thought I would check your blog to see if you went to see Chihuly yet. I might get there this Saturday. My camera is on the charger!

mesc said...

We were going to go but it was only 50 degrees and it is an outside show! HEY - are you taking your quilts to sell?