Sunday, May 2, 2010

Nice Weekend

We went to friends on Friday for dinner and cards - we had a great time. They had been on a trip and we missed them - it was good to have them home.

Saturday we went up north. I found some really great Christmas dishes both on the way up going to estate sales and at a store in Tawas. We stopped to see Julie at Finder's Keepers and she has my serving pieces displayed so nice in her area of the store. Oh by the way - it's her birthday today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE.

We did stop at a VERY SCARY estate sale on the way up north. I walked in and walked back out - it looked like something out of that new show about hoarders - even though I've never seen the show; I've seen the ads - YIKES - I walked back out as fast as I could and we drove out of there!!!!!! SCARY!!!!!

It was very beautiful up north - we stopped at Lumberman's Monument which is one of our favorite spots. The warm wind was blowing and we watched kids climbing on the logs. A couple of hikers with huge backpacks came up to the monument and they were taking pictures of each other so I offered to take one of both of them. They had just hiked from Iargo Springs - they are training for their trip to Isle Royale. I told them that our daughter Caroline had hiked there and she loved the Island. Then on the way out we were reminiscing about when we had a picnic at the park in the Lumberman's Monument when I was pregnant for Joanna so many years ago. We cooked ribs - it was early spring because I had on my winter jacket - it is one of our favorite memories.

We stopped to eat and while we were eating I had to call my sister to tell her the Kentucky Derby was on and Noble's Promise was a 24 to 1 bet - came in 3rd I think after our call. She told me that Liz and a friend were talking about "Patisms" at the dinner table - and they came up with "As useless as a screen door on a submarine" - Pat loved it! Isn't it amazing when you talk about someone or remember a great time how the person just pops up and surrounds you? What a nice thing to happen in our lives.

Then my best friend's son called and Pat and I laughed all the way through the conversation - he is a sweetie. It was good to catch up with him.

Then home - it was a really beautiful trip.

No comments: