Saturday, May 8, 2010

Chihuly in Michigan

My friend Peggy, a great lurker on this site, sent me an article about the Meijer Gardens Chihuly Exhibit in Grand Rapids. We would have gone this weekend but it's FREEZING in Michigan this weekend. So we are looking forward to a trip in the near future. Our nephew is getting married in Croatia and then having a reception in Grand Rapids so - NOTICE TO ALL FAMILY AND FRIENDS GOING TO THE WEDDING - we'll organize a field trip to Meijer Gardens! YEAH!!!

I called my cousin Mary Lynn and told her she should contact the gift shop and have her quilts there for sale during the exhibit - now through September. They were inspired by our trip to the Botanical Gardens in Phoenix when we went to see the Chihuly exhibit there.

Pat and I went to a few estate sales today - I didn't buy anything at those but there was a church rummage sale (those are the best) and I got a bag of books and dishes for a dollar! Then I bought a few more items that were half off today. All in all - a great day.

No comments: