Friday, January 29, 2010

Getting Better Each Day

Well - I'm feeling okay - it has been a difficult 2 weeks but I can see already how good this surgery has turned out. I have a long road ahead of me when I start my out patient therapy next week. I am exhausted by the exercises and CPM machine that I do now at home each day so I can imagine I'll be really tired.

A few phone calls from work yesterday while I was in the CPM machine made the time go faster - it's nice to help out from home. I do miss writing my COGNOS and EXCEL reports but this way I make the people who need the report do the work with my help as they go along - so really - this is much better for them.

My CPM machine makes my knee bend and go straight - my range of motion is now 90 degrees for my bend and -7 degrees going flat. I think my goal by next week is 125 degrees and -10 degrees. So seeing as I started at 60 and 0 when I came home I think I'll make it!

Caroline is coming over this morning to be with me while Pat goes to work - even though I can get in and out of bed now I cannot get into and out of the machine and when I do go up and down the stairs I need my walker taken up and down too. So it will be nice to chat with Carolina Moon Keeps Shining this morning.

No comments: