Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day after Christmas Drive

Pat and I went up to Boyne Falls to buy one last Christmas Gift - so we decided to go over to Mackinaw City for Lunch. On our way we stopped at several Goodwill and Thrift stores - only one dish found - I thought there would be lots more. I keep forgetting how expensive the west side of the State is - I don't spend that much money on my plates. At one store I saw a plate that I have two of here at home - the plate was $15 - so when someone buys my plate with a knife for 2/$15 they are REALLY getting a deal!

We stopped at the Keyhole Bar and Grill in Mackinaw City - as you know from previous posts one of our favorite stops. We had a great perch dinner and headed home. Both on the way to Boyne Falls and back home to Saginaw there were some snow showers that looked as if it might get bad but we really lucked out because the storms were all around us.

I called my brother, Larry in Arizona to see how he is doing and he sounded good. We both said we have to start exercising - I told him if I have to go into rehab after the knee surgery then he should start his hiking again. He said he'd think about it!

So - on to our last day of Christmas vacation. It has been a wonderful week.

No comments: