Monday, November 23, 2009

Christmas

Even though I have been selling Christmas plates and knives since June I just cannot get into the Christmas holiday spirit especially before Thanksgiving – I hate that the radio stations have switched to Christmas music – I hate that the Christmas ads have been in the paper for weeks – I hate that I have to think about Christmas at all right now!

If I wasn’t trying to sell Christmas myself this would be okay – but when I am pushing people for seven months to buy Christmas plates I really should be more open to the blending of the season all year round – but I’m not – I hate it, too! I really don’t think that I am turning into a Grinch – just someone who wants every season to be special. So how do I justify selling these hostess gifts all year? I don’t – I just drive myself crazy – and many of my friends will tell you it is a very short drive!

I do remember one September when our daughters were little that I had every Christmas gift purchased and wrapped. My friend, Kay and I had gone to some fabulous garage sales and sidewalk sales and yup – it was a very frugal Christmas, too. It never happened again but it was an amazing holiday season not thinking about Christmas gifts at all that year during the Christmas season.

No comments: