Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I love long weekends!

We had a nice long weekend with Memorial Day. We had dinner with friends, did some cooking and freezing of food, went antiquing a bit - just had fun all weekend long. When Paula and I were at the last Midland Antique Festival one of the regular vendors did not come to sell. I stopped to see her today and she told me she had been sick and couldn't come. She has a nice little shop in Vassar and I bought some olive forks from her.

We should have cleaned - but - thank goodness I took my sister's blog advice and didn't give a rat's patoot about the house and we just enjoyed ourselves. As usual - I don't want to go back to work - but I will. Now that Pat is working at the same building I am I love to hear the lawn mower - cause I know it's him! It makes me smile during the day.

We've got some major shows coming up in the next few weeks so I have been trying to get ready for those too. Well - It's after 10:30 pm and I can't sleep - so I better go read and try to go to sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya! Just wondering what recipes that you froze? Always looking for short cut ideas of making dishes ahead of time to freeze for easier dinners during the week:)

mesc said...

Hi Ells Bells - well I made chicken chili, onion and cheese enchilada casserole, vegetable soup, pork roast with potatotes and carrots and onions and last but not least meatloaf. Most everything freezes well - if I'm cooking one thing I might as well cook two and put one in the freezer. I have a big crock pot - so I'll put two roasts and tons of potatoes and carrots and onions. If I'm making soup - I make a huge batch. Sometimes I'm tempted to get rid of the freezer and then I have a weekend like this and I'm glad I have it.