Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chihuly, Again

Click here to go to the picture of Chihuly in the Desert and the quilt Mary Andrews made from that picture

Yesterday morning was a "TARGET SATURDAY" which meant free admission to the Flint Institute of Arts exhibit of Chihuly Seaforms. What a bonus - we chose this Saturday because my friends and family could join us to see the exhibit. It was so beautiful. The bowls within bowls within more bowls that were reflected in the shiny black tables were breathtaking.

I wanted to take pictures but the FIA does not allow pictures of the exhibit. I even thought about trying to take pictures anyway - but I just couldn't do it. So I have none to show here. However, I asked one of the workers, Susan, why they did this because I really need to get pictures of the exhibit so my cousin can make her interpretation of the work into quilted hangings for her Chihuly inspired exibit. It really helps Mary Lynn to see the piece from every angle to get the depth and color and shadows right. I explained to Susan that I had requested permission but had not heard back - she was nice enough to go on this blog to see one of Mary Lynn's Chihuly quilts and to forward my request (click the green link above to go to that picture). She said I should hear the beginning of this week. I can just picture the beautiful long table of yellow seaforms translated into a quilt.

No comments: