Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away?

I gotta say - the deluge of rain yesterday in Midland was unbelievable - I have never seen so much rain in such a short time. I had to keep pushing on the canvas of my awning over my dishes so it wouldn't burst! I was sopping wet - head to foot.

However - if this sounds like a bad thing it wasn't. I had two women stuck under my cover with me - they just kept buying! Then right after the rain I looked like a drowned rat and I think this one family felt sorry for me because they just kept buying, too. I would wrap something and the daughter would ask if she could exchange it for something else - then her father would buy it for her and then she would exchange that again. In the meantime her mother kept buying gifts for Christmas. It was the most fun. I like it when someone loves each piece they find more than the one they thought they wanted to purchase.

I do hope for sunshine today - big crowds - and that Paula does great today. She actually is having a table 50% off - and her antiques are so great - so if you are in the area come on over to the fairgrounds in Midland today and say hi and buy, buy buy!

No comments: