Friday, July 3, 2009

A Nice Long Weekend

I love a holiday - but of course - this one is one of the best! My sister, Jane, has the 4th of July birthday and she always thought that everyone in the City celebrated her birthday with her (and of course now that she is older and wiser she thinks the whole damn country celebrates her birthday!)

When we were little we used to have her birthday celebration and someone would follow my Dad down to Hoyt Park to find a good parking place for our car. Then we would either get a ride from a relative to the park or I even remember walking one year. To sit on the gentle slope of the park on a blanket having the fireworks burst just above our heads was such a treat. I still remember hearing the rat-a-tat-tat of the fireworks with my heart beating along in the same rhythm. I still love that feeling.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LITTLE SISTER!

We're having a picnic in the afternoon - can't wait to see everyone. I'll write about that later.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Why thank you, sweetie! The fireworks with Dad - what a wonderful memory! I'm glad we didn't go to Tulsa's - they ended after 8 minutes due to an explosion of the remaining fireworks! No one hurt, thank goodness!