Sunday, July 19, 2009

Goodbye to Friends

Our friends, Mike and Kathy, have moved to California - we went out to dinner with their family on Friday night to say goodbye. I remember when I was in grade school and Kathy's family lived across the street from us on Hoyt Street. The family went to California for six months I think - every single day I looked for them when I came home from school. One day - I was so happy to see their car back in their driveway. It was good to have them home.

Kathy and Mike went to California to care for her sister while she was recuperating from surgery - they were there for a few months and decided they wanted to move there - they came home, sold their house in 2 weeks and moved Saturday! Wow! It all happened so fast.

We haven't seen them too much these past couple of years - certainly not as much as when we moved back to Saginaw when Mike talked me into applying for a job with the City. He was sure that I could walk right in and do a good job - his confidence in me was WAY more confidence than I had about it - I never would have dreamed of applying for that job without his encouragement and support.

I hope their journey is a good one - perhaps they will come back to visit.

No comments: