Sunday, July 19, 2009

Car Show

We went to the car show with my brother Jim this afternoon. We had a great time. Beautiful old cars - lots of them - we reminisced about different cars in our lives. Jim sold his corvette and I think he was in the mood to buy one today - but nothing really jumped out at us.

The car show was on Hamilton Street - ten of the pubs and restaurants in the area had a "grilling war" - we bought a ticket for $10 and then at each of the restaurants we could get a small serving of BBQ food. We ate at 5 of the restaurants - but were too full to eat at the rest. So when we were leaving I gave our three tickets to a family walking in with three kids. Hope they enjoyed it as much as we did!

It was good to see so many people enjoying themselves in the sunshine - we saw lots of people we knew - we had a great time. Then we came home and Pat and I watched Mission Impossible III and Bourne Incident - I liked MI but I read through most of the BI.

I just finished Maeve Binchy's book "Scarlet Feather" - I really liked it.

No comments: