Monday, April 27, 2009

Long Distance Grandparenting

Well - our friends Dave and Barb are new grandparents. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

They live in Michigan the new cutie pie, Ethan, lives in California. I was telling her about when Sheala was just a few months when she moved to Hawaii with her parents. I talked to them every single day (that was when we had to pay for long distance phone calls, too!)

When they came home for a visit and Sheala was around 9 mos - She heard my voice at the airport and jumped into my arms. I knew right then that long distance grandparenting works.

So - I did a google this afternoon - and found several great ideas - here are just a few - click on the title to go to the site:

20 Activities for Grandparents to do with their Grandchildren

The Chicago Children's Museum: Long Distance Granparenting

Helium Learn what you need, share what you know

Barb and Dave - such a beautiful blessing - we are so happy for you.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I'm SURE I'll need this someday! Thanks!