Monday, April 20, 2009

Books, Books, Books





I've read three books in the past few weeks - they are all good.

Cindy gave me "Heaven Has Blue Carpet" by Sharon Niedzinski - a book by a Saginaw woman about her experiences as a sheep farmer. She learned so much about her faith when she became a shepherd and realized how like sheep all of us really are and she shows that the comparison that Jesus uses is so perfect.

The Friday Night Knitting Club was from Jan and it is by Kate Jacobs. This was a very good book about friendships and relationships. A single mom starts a yarn shop and gathers friends as much as wool over the years.

Last but not least, I read a garage sale book, The Chamber by John Grisham. I realized again, just like when I watched Dead Man Walking, that there is such horror on death row. But both the book and the movie bring to mind my reading of The Shack where God uses any situation to bring about change.

Now I am reading one of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency books that Cathy gave me because I love the new HBO series. Amy has been taping it for Jan and Jim and Pat and me to watch - we all love it.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hey! I read the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency. Great fun! Save me the Heaven Has Blue Carpet - I'd really like to read it. There's a book called Psalm 23 that has the same theme, written by a man who was a shepherd.

Love you!