Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Shack



Go to the Shack Book Website

From Jean Marie, to Bill and Amy, to Pat, to ME - a book so thought provoking and so healing I just have to share with you. First - I think it is the first book Pat has read since he read Centennial when we first were married - so that is a miracle in itself. Thank you Bill. (Fran - don't even think of buying it!!!!)

My favorite quote from the book is when Papa is talking to Mack about Grace:

"Mack, just because I work incredible good out of unspeakable tragedies doesn't mean I orchestrate the tragedies. Don't ever assume that my using something means I caused it or that I need it to accomplish my purposes. That will only lead you to false notions about me. Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors." Wm. Paul Young, The Shack

No comments: