Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

Today begins Lent. I'm feeling out of touch actually with church. Fr. Jack has been on a sabatical and won't return until Holy Week. It still doesn't feel like family at church and I'm still sitting in the pew (which is why it still doesn't feel like family, I know, I know.) I think I will spend this Lent reflecting on that. We used to have fun at work with everyone giving something up - even the non-Catholics got in on it. No one even mentions religion much at work anymore. So - I am looking forward to a bit of time off from work and spending some time with my family.

With that said, we went to Robbie's game on Monday - they lost - but he did get 10 of the 12 points. And he passed the ball alot - giving everyone a chance but most times they just threw the ball back at him. At least it looked as if he had fun.

We were supposed to go to Ann Arbor on Sunday to see the twins on their birthday - but - the weather was so bad we couldn't go. We got as far as Freeland to go pick up Pat's parents and we couldn't see the road for all the snow. So we called Joanna and Robin and Caroline and Jesse and invited the whole gang over for dinner at our house. Since we were all planning on going to Ann Arbor we knew everyone could come. I called Javier and asked him if he wanted to come over and make pizza with Nana - he said OKAY. When he got here I let him put the sauce on and then all the pepperoni - I told him to give a piece to Robbie and that he could have one too - just as he got it in his mouth Robbie said, "This is HOT!" Javier made the worst face but wouldn't spit it out - we gave him a drink real quick. When I looked at the package it said it had Tobasco sauce in it! I never even knew they made it hot! Well Javier had enough of Nana and ran to his Mom. But I eventually lured him back throwing cheese on the pizza and he wanted to do that too.

Well, so much for 1:00 am ravings. ME

No comments: