Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall

I just love Michigan - and fall is such a beautiful season. Pat is going up North this morning to walk in the woods - he really enjoys spending time in the woods. We are thinking of taking a day trip sometime this week. Our tree in our backyard is empty - and all raked up and picked up last Thursday! The last couple of years our tree has changed first and emptied first. I think the poor tree is sick but since Pat and I don't know a thing about them - it looks as if it might never get better!

On Sunday we went to Lansing and stopped at Goodwills and Thrift Shops - I found beautiful ruby red plates, I can't wait to start wrapping knives to match. My wire has been out of stock for the past week - I need some NOW. I'm hoping today or tomorrow the supply will be in. Before we came home we called Pat's brother and his wife and we met them for dinner and cards at the Draft House - Paula and I love playing cards there because we win!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Is this the draft house on business 27 between DeWitt and St.Johns??????

mesc said...

YES - we stop there for dinner whenever we go out with Pat's brother and sister-in-law. They let us sit there and play pinochle (and Paula and I continue our good luck!!!)

Lisa said...

That is only about 11 miles from where I live........I think I've only been there once........do they have good burgers? Swany's is a bar in down town St.Johns and they have excellent burgers!

Lisa said...

That is only about 11 miles from where I live........I think I've only been there once........do they have good burgers? Swany's is a bar in down town St.Johns and they have excellent burgers!