Thursday, September 4, 2008

Finally - Got to speak to a person!


When we started looking for favors for the wedding, everything looked too expensive and actually many things looked very cheap. We thought we should spend our money in a better way - then the person we talked with at the banquet hall said more than half of all favors are left at the tables - that was the deciding factor for us - we thought it would be so cool to give money to a group instead.

Now Caroline and Jesse just had to come up with what organization to donate to - Caroline called all excited after watching a Tiger game on TV where they advertised "Gloves for Kids" where you could take your gently used or new balls, bats and gloves so kids who couldn't afford to have sports equipment could have the opportunity to own their own equipment. Since Jesse and Caroline are going to Chicago to see a Tiger game for their honeymoon they both thought this was a perfect fit.

I've been trying since Monday to give a donation to "Gloves for Kids" a program that the Detroit Tiger Foundation sponsors. First I sent an email - then on Wednesday I got a call from someone at the foundation and she gave me a number to call - so when I got home from work I tried and tried to call. I kept playing phone tag with the president of the foundation. And they wanted to contact me by this morning because they are doing a press release regarding the donations of gloves and bats and balls and money from this program.

So today, they called while I was at a funeral, so I called back while in the funeral procession (I know that sounds tacky - so don't even call me on it!) Well, the switchboard put me through to someone else who put me through to a voice mail - finally I called back and said PLEASE do not transfer me. So finally - I talked with the person in charge and we are on track - good thing too - I already made the little announcements for the tables!!!!

Wow - it is getting closer and closer! This is going to be fun!

No comments: