Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend w/o Pat

Anyone who knows us knows that we are always together. Except when I have to go to work - I STILL WANT A WINDOW THAT WILL LET ME RETIRE TOMORROW!

This weekend Pat went with two of his brothers to a cabin in Northern Michigan. One of our favorite areas - by the Pigeon River Forest. It's been a long weekend and it is only Sunday Morning. He should be home in a few hours.

On Friday afternoon I went to an estate sale - this company is the best one in Saginaw - Foerster - reasonable prices even on the first day - but I didn't find anything. That night I went to Birch Run and bought a few things at the Oneida store. Then came home and made chili. I ate dinner and read all evening.

On Saturday I went to a gazillion garage sales. I found lots of treasures. One in particular was the BEST buy of the century. A dress for me. It is fabulous. I can't wait to wear it. They wanted $25 - I paid $15 and it fits perfect! I would have paid the $25 - the dress is very fancy and it would have cost close to $200.

Last night I stopped at Pompeii in Bridgeport for dinner - Caroline and Jesse were working. It was nice to see them. Jesse even made fried pickles for me - YUM. Then I ordered a salad and Caroline saved half for her dinner later. Then home to watch the Tigers - YEAH they won.

This morning - my Honey is coming home - I missed him lots - it's so much more fun doing things with him each weekend! This afternoon we get to go to a party for my best friend, Janet's, son Patrick. He has his law degree! We are so proud of him. We'll be saying prayers he finds a great job soon.

Jim and Cindy should be home - they went to Michael's graduation - a Masters Degree - we have so many blessings. I am so sorry I couldn't go to his graduation - Pat and I were going to go but my knee is not doing very well and I'm not even sure when I can have the surgery. So - we couldn't go. But he knows how proud we are of him and we sent our love with hugs and kisses with Jim and Cindy.

No comments: