Saturday, May 31, 2008

Friday by ourselves

On Thursday Jan and Jim went home and on Friday morning in the rain Bill and Amy left. We were supposed to stay until Saturday - but - after the rain the mosquitos came out in full force and we decided to come home and left the campsite at 8:00 pm.

We had a great day on Friday even though it rained the whole morning. We went to Tawas see how the spoons were doing at Fabulous Finds - and I picked up a nice check there - YEAH. We went to a couple other stops and then we stopped by to see our friend, Noreen.

Noreen and I went from Kindergarten to Delta College together and even shared a SMALL apartment together for a bit back in the 70's. We had so much to talk about. We caught up on family and friends and just had a nice afternoon together. She said that she and her sisters have a YaYa weekend every year - they sit on the deck overlooking the river and throw necklaces to the necklace worthy canoers - they laugh and talk and this year they all got a tattoo - an 8 (for the 8 sisters). OOOHHH - I think we should have one of those - Cindy, Jane, Kathy, Mary Lynn - hey Elise want to join us? Maybe we could meet out in New Jersey and see Kim!

Noreen and Tom bought a home and proceeded to make it a beautiful haven - the whole front of the house is windows overlooking the Rifle River. As we looked out the windows we saw several birds at their bird feeders. I couldn't believe my eyes - there was a Pileated Woodpecker hanging upside down eating from the bird feeder. Then just this week I was asking Amy about the Indigo Bunting and right out the windows - there were several Indigo Buntings. Goldfinches, Cardinals, Housefinches, Chickadees. And then - a fly fisherman came walking by in full gear waving his fishing pole over the water. It was such a relaxing afternoon.

Noreen mentioned she had the picture I want to put on the St. Mary Reunion Blog - one showing her family in front of the school - I know Noreen reads this blog -DON'T FORGET TO SEND ME THE PICTURE!!!!!!! And thanks for such a nice afternoon.

We then decided to go back to Tawas and eat dinner at Pier 23 - our favorite place to eat dinner - usually we sit on the deck and even though the sun was out it was still a little too cool to sit on the deck. So we sat inside at our favorite table overlooking Lake Huron and had a nice dinner.

Then on the way home we decided to pack up and come home. I have to say - a nice hot shower and my own bed were a welcome way to end the week!

5 comments:

Jane said...

I remember the apartment with Noreen! Wasn't that the one behind the Jefferson house? I would love to see the Wizner family picture!

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET INTEREST IN A SISTERS' WEEKEND FOR FOREVER!!! The last time I mentioned it I think I remember one sister (very possibly the one who is right now reading this comment!!!) who said she didn't want to leave her darling husband!

My friend Ginger goes on trips with her sisters every year - cruises or camping or shopping til they drop... sigh.

mesc said...

HAH - I bet that was ME. But now that he left me for the brother weekend - mmmmm..... a sister weekend sound wonderful AND Elise says she wants to go tooooo.

Mary Andrews said...

I would love to go, but I'll have to pass on the tatoo. I've given Stefi too much hassle about hers, I would never do it, beside you can't give blood if you get a tatoo.

mesc said...

Yikes - I'm not getting a tatoo either - I just mentioned they did!!!!!!! ME

Jane said...

You old fogies! I don't want a tatoo because I'm saving the spot on my shoulder for our family tatoo - 7 interlocking circles that David got and the kids want to get and Chris and I said we would too once they did! Well, I don't know if they even are willing to tatoo wrinkled skin, so maybe we'll be safe!!

Hurray! Let's go! Where to?