Saturday, March 1, 2008

Weekend Update

We delivered an order yesterday afternoon to Fabulous Finds in Tawas. I took up two dozen serving spoons - all with different beads, bright colors, some old and some older. I love going there the store is little but it is packed with beautiful items.

Today we've been stopping at antique stores - I told Amy and Olympia I would find the shower gift for our friend's daughter-in-law-to-be. I have a specific gift in mind and have found all but two pieces. Even online I haven't been able to find the last two. ST. ANTHONY PATRON SAINT OF LOST AND FOUND, HELP ME WHILE I LOOK AROUND!

There - that should do it - of course my sister, Jane does not call on St. Anthony because he didn't help her find her cordless phone (cordless should give you a hint as to how long ago it was!) St. Anthony always helps me find things. Thank you.

So, Pat is sleeping on the couch here in the office with Gordon Lightfoot playing on the cd player, snoring away. He is so sweet to take me all over the State. We love traveling so this has been a fun business to get into.

The twins seem to be doing well. We are keeping them in our thoughts and prayers.

I went to a meeting at City Hall this week and saw one of my hit and runners - she always knows what's happening in my life - that's fun. Hi Peg.

That's all from here.

4 comments:

Peg said...

Hi Mary Ellen. I enjoy reading your blog and hope to someday visit all of the great places that you leave your beautiful beaded crafts. They sound interesting. I'm home baking today (banana bread for my daughter to take back to college with her and a birthday cake for my baby brother)and enjoying the beautiful sunshine!

I guess I'm not a hit and runner anymore.

Mary Andrews said...

St Anthony has never let me down. Jane had better give him another chance, don't you think!

mesc said...

Peg - since I wrote this we went to Livingston to look for the two pieces I'm missing for the d... shower gift - still haven't found it. MMM Banana Bread - mmmm - I am so glad you are no longer a hit and runner!

Mary Lynn - Jane will not give him another chance - say prayers for her!

Fran said...

Jane better believe in St. Anthony....Grandma and Honey always prayed to him....now I have the statute in my room that was in the dining room on Hoyt. Of course, Kathy calls him St. Sasafras (since she couldn't think of his name).