Tuesday, March 18, 2008

TESTS! YIKES!

It's been a LONG, LONG, LONG time since I had to take a test. Employee Services is benchmarking where employees are at in several classifications and looking at tests for those positions. We have been asked to take the tests on two days. Today was the first - five tests - less than an hour.

These tests consisted of filing numbers and names, proofreading and math WITHOUT a calculator! Tomorrow there will be a other tests including a math test with a calculator and I'll feel much more comfortable.

I was glad to take them - we didn't have to put our names on the tests but if we wanted to know how we did we could put our names and they will let us know how we did. I can tell you right now - percentages and decimals have always been my downfall.

I tried to talk everyone from the police department into going - I explained to them that if they want to take promotional tests then this was the perfect opportunity to take these tests with no pressure - and learn where we need to study - I even bribed them with chocolate chip cookies for today and sugar cookies for tomorrow - I did talk some into it - seven of us rode over in my van - I promised them we would have fun - I may have exaggerated that part a bit - but the cookies were good!

No comments: