Friday, March 28, 2008

It's been awhile

I've been working on the SMCReunion blog - that has been consuming my time - but it is so much fun looking through all the old yearbooks.

Well - I have to have some minor knee surgery in May - I'll be off work for a bit and hopefully will be able to resume walking again. I knew I was in trouble when I couldn't walk a mile without hurting my knee and when I couldn't sleep through the night because of the pain. (Of course that is why I have gotten so much blogging done on the SMC site - not much sleep - but lots of blogging!) My brother actually called and told me he didn't want me up all night blogging - I needed my sleep. Sweet brother - but I'd rather be blogging than watching TV at 2 in the morning!

We had a great get together with friends last night. We love seeing our friends and such good cooks! I know I've said this before but last night was extreme cooking. We had great treats to start out - ostrich and cream cheese and herbs in filo dough - veggies, olives and cheeses. Dinner had Chicken Cacciatore, vegetables with mint and basil, potatoes, rolls, broccoli slaw, cheesecake and key lime pie. That was the first time I've had ostrich - it was very good. And the first time I was offered cheesecake and I turned it down - because I had never tasted key lime pie either - that was a GREAT dessert. The chicken was moist and yummy. Okay - Okay - I know I have to shop for a dress for Caroline's wedding and this is bad - but so worth it.

Sheala and Robbie were over yesterday after school - Robbie was on the computer and Sheala was sorting my beads. She LOVES to sort beads - but yesterday she combined colors into spice bottles - this is interesting - I'll have to see if this helps me or not!

OK - time for coffee before work - I'll be back soon.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Ouch! I'm sorry, sweetie! Knees can be so painful. We must talk.