Thursday, February 28, 2008

Flowers, Flowers Everywhere

Two scenerios - same situation

Caroline and I went last week to a flower shop that I got my flowers from for my wedding. We walked in - the woman said, "We are too busy for you - you will have to make an appointment - if you want to look at the books over there you can, but I can't help you!"

So - we looked at books - there were five people laughing and talking and working behind the counter. The person that "greeted" us walked past us to get flowers - never said a word. We got up to leave and she watched us leave - never asking if we wanted to make an appointment, never asking us to return. We looked at each other and laughed as we were getting in the car.

Then we walked into Gaertner's - just around the block from our home. The wedding flower consultant came over and and said, "We are really busy - but why don't you look at our books and I'll check on you?" So we looked at books - Well, Jackie was back in to check on us, looked up a few pictures that she thought Caroline would like and said, "I've got to get back in there to work on the funeral flowers - I would be so much happier to be with you!" She came out two more times, told Caroline to call when she found out what day she had off and told us she couldn't wait to help Caroline choose her flowers.

MMMMMM..... which one would you think we went back to yesterday - YUP - Gaertners - Caroline picked out beautiful flowers for the wedding. This is a joy working with Caroline and Jesse on this wedding. We're having fun.

Joanna went with Caroline last night and they found a photographer - so things are really coming together.

Happy Birthday, Mom - I bet you are watching over this having as much fun as we are!

1 comment:

T said...

I love that vegan blog link you sent me! Did you see the latest recipe for low fat oatmeal cookies? They look delicious! I had just been thinking of baking a chocolate cake, and now I have the perfect excuse. I just need to buy the pans now.

Oh and - Yay Caroline is getting married!