Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

My best wishes to all of you for a great year filled with family, love, happiness, and peace. Looking over last year I am thankful for so many things.

Finding a celebration each week at SS Peter and Paul church that brings us hope
Seeing that our family is filled with love and happiness
Knowing our friends and family are in such good health
Remembering that there are only 98 more payrolls until I can retire

Pat and I talk a lot about how happy we are - we would rather be with each other than anything else. Yesterday we drove to Lansing to go to thrift shops and Goodwills - I'm determined to buy lots of little plates to make hostess gifts for next year - I am also thinking of doing some bazaars next year - maybe I can talk Joanna into going to work a few if they are on the same day. I think small Christmas gifts is going to be the way to go. My friends bought hostess sets for their office staff and the staff really liked them - I should find a way to market to small businesses too.

After shopping we stopped at Beggar's Banquet for a late lunch - early dinner (or as we call it DRUNCH). It was nice - no one else was in the restaurant and they were decorating for their New Year's Eve party. We got home just after dark, which we noticed was after 5:30 - the days are getting longer - spring can't be that far off, right?

We are going to Bill and Amy's this evening for a traditional New Year's Day get together - THAT IS THE END OF CELEBRATING FOR THE HOLIDAYS! I'm actually ready to be done!

Hope you all have a wonderful day and a great year to come!

No comments: