Thursday, December 20, 2007

Off and Running

The Nativity is up - the tree is now decorated - the house smells like pumpkin and cinnamon and fresh cut pine - Gifts are wrapped - we're good to go!

Sunday Pat shoveled out from 10 inch drifts - I think we only got about 6 inches but the blowing caused huge powder like snow to shovel. Because he does the neighbors too it and he had to tweak the snowblower it took 4 hours - the roads were awful which caused us not to be able to go get the Christmas tree with the kids.

Monday morning at 2:00 Pat and I were cleaning the house, setting up the Nativity Scene and trying to start some kind of Christmas spirit at the Clifford household.

Tuesday I stopped for some last minute shopping - I know, I know, I said I was done when I had that stupid survey going on the blog but I found out when I wrapped gifts that I wasn't! Right after Pat got home from work, we stopped at McDonalds Nursery to buy a cut tree and then headed over to Joanna and Robin's for dinner with Caroline for my birthday - that was fun - Robin made some fabulous potato soup and then grilled steaks that were cooked to perfection! Followed by the most yummy eggnog cheese cake from The Patisserie - mmmmm.....

Yesterday morning Pat started putting the lights on the tree and when I got home I finished the lights and decorated it. Even though this holiday season is all chopped up we are getting it done - and the tree really is pretty.

Tonight - Rod and Patrick - our good friends are coming for dinner with Caroline. This will be a very nice relaxing evening. Can't wait to see them.

So we're off and running - Christmas time has arrived at the Clifford's!

No comments: