Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas is Coming

Last night Joanna stopped by to ask when we were going to get our tree - we decided next Sunday - then this morning I read Sarah Beara's blog and now I'm excited about Christmas. Just thinking about my grandkids helping us decorate the tree - one reading the Christmas story from Luke and putting the star on top of the tree and the other one putting Jesus in the manger. We have decided to wait until next weekend to put the tree up - now I can't wait!

I met an author, Harvey Hirsch, selling his Christmas book The Creche of Krakow: A Christmas Story . He was such a persuasive salesman - I took it home and it was such a sweet story. I have a collection of Christmas books that sit out at Christmas time and I read them to the kids - of course - they are now pretty much just humoring me when I say I want to read to them - but I love it. I am glad I can add this one to the collection. I'm also going to buy one that is based on the song Mary Did You Know? I saw it this past weekend and I'm going to run over to the Antique Warehouse bookstore and get it. I love books.

Christmas is coming - I'm finally excited about it!

No comments: