Sunday, October 21, 2007

Blustery Day

It was such a Winnie the Pooh day yesterday - it was so windy. We went to our grandson's last football game in the morning. Everyone was freezing - even though it wasn't too cold we were sitting in the shade on the bleachers all layered up - with sweaters, jackets and blankets drinking hot chocolate and we were still cold.

Every 5 minutes my grandson would tackle someone and the announcer would say his name - it was so much fun - Robin played his hardest and he kept hitting and hitting and hitting - now he isn't the biggest kid on the block - but he sure was the toughest yesterday. He even ran the ball 30 yards - then he was tackled. His dad had to work so every time his son did something terrific his mom would call his dad and give him a short - "He did it again!" Even though they lost the game - it was so much fun.

Then we stopped at the Antique warehouse - got a small check for last week - and saw that I sold a cake plate and server. Then we saw an oak dining table - just a 42" square - and talked the price down some and decided to get it for our kitchen. Now I have to look for chairs - we'll use the old ones until I find a good deal at an estate sale or something. I told the workers I knew I would spend more than I make; they all laughed and said they all work so they can spend more money!

We called Joanna and asked her if Rob could come over and help move the table downstairs and bring in the new one - so they said they could be over about 4:00 so Pat cut the grass and I did a little raking - (after talking to my sister for a long time) then we went to thrift shops and estate sales - didn't see much of anything - bought a couple spoons at the estate sale but that was it.

Rob and Joanna and Sheala and Robbie came over - they moved the tables - then we went out for dinner. We had a nice time. Caroline couldn't come with us because she was still working. The table we sat at had cards to ask questions to pass the time - we all were laughing. I ordered a glass of wine - it was very bad - so I told the waitress. She went to the bartender and came back and said if I wanted another it would have to be from the same bottle! I asked her if the bartender was new!!??!! She said the other bottles were warm - I told her to have the bartender taste the old wine - open the new wine and give me a glass of ice. Save me!

Then Pat and I went to a few stores looking for baskets - found some - went to the hardware store to buy something for the bottom of the legs of the new table and then home. We kept falling asleep watching the baseball game - so we went to bed.

Today we are going with our friends to see a different church - eight of us made a pact about seven years ago that if someone wanted to change churches all of us would go or none would go. We are looking - this has been very difficult - but a much needed change. We are going over to one of the couples after church to talk - I love this group of people - we are family. We certainly need prayers about this - please keep us in your hearts today.

Well we survived one more "Hallmark Holiday" - we have never celebrated those holidays that the card shops came up with - when Pat was layed off from construction work a lot during the 80's, we would go into Hallmark on our anniversary - pick out the greatest cards - show them to each other - put them back on the rack and walk out! Thank you Hallmark for many years of great cards!

Gotta go wrap beads - ME

No comments: